Sidmouth strike tremendous Lane league success over Madeira
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth ladies played another round in the Foxlands and the Lane Leagues competitions last week, writes Susie Bonnell.
The Lane engagement came first with a home and away meeting with Madeira.
The Exmouth ladies are always one of our strongest opposition and on their home ground they won on both rinks.
However, the ladies who were on duty at Exmouth did manage, despite defeat, to keep the tightest of reigns on the home scoring, going down overall by a margin of just nine shots.
The contest at Sidmouth was also won by the home side and such were the margins of victory that overall Sidmouth were able to bank six of then ten points the fixture had to offer.
You may also want to watch:
In the Sidmouth element of the match the rink skipped by Rita Daw and including Lorna Lever, Christa Turner and Elaine Reed, were 22-12 victors.
Meanwhile in the Foxlands encounter with Torbay it was not quite as productive with Sidmouth taking just two of the available ten points for a single away rink success.
- 1 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 2 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls
- 3 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 4 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 5 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 6 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
- 7 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 8 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 9 Local storyteller looks to folklore for reminders that every action has consequences
- 10 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
The Foxlands campaign has had a slow start in terms of the Sidmouth challenge. However, with plenty of time remaining for the form to be regained, it’s fingers crossed for the next outing, the November 27 meeting with Madeira.