Sidmouth success set to continue
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth’s cricketers have certainly hit the ground running this season, writes Stephen Birley.
Last Saturday’s success for all three senior teams was the second in three early season Francis Clark Devon League match days that the Fortfield clubhouse has been able to celebrate a clean sweep of victories on a Saturday night.
1st XI skipper Will Murray is delighted with the early season form of his side who tomorrow visit second from bottom Bradninch, but Murray is well aware that table standings count for nothing this early in the campaign.
He said: “Bradninch had a tremendous result last weekend and it’s clear that in Dan Hardy and Jackson Thompson they have a pair of in-form batsmen. There’s also the not so small matter of the game being at their place which is something of an unconventional cricket ground with its slope so we will certainly not be travelling to Kensham Park with any form of complacency in the ranks. I am confident that we have the armoury both with bat and ball to overcome all manner of challenges this season and to have made the start we have has given us a huge lift. We made a tentative start last season to the League, but got better and this time round we have hit the ground running. Long may it continue.”
Sidmouth also have a big game on Sunday when they take on Bovey Tracey in the Devon Senior Cup.
You may also want to watch:
Murray says: “”We love the County Cup and shall be taking it very seriously again this season.”
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
- 5 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 6 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 7 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 8 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 9 Plenty of case work picked up on campaign trail, but I'm happy to help
- 10 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford