Sidmouth suffer narrow Foxlands defeat to Kingsley
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth played a Saturday morning Devon Interclub League fixture against Kingsley from North Devon.
Despite some excellent bowling by the home teams - they won by a combined score of plus 22 - the away teams did not fare so well, slipping to a 25 shot overall defeat, which meant a Sidmouth defeat by a margin of just three shots!
The final score was 72-69 in favour of Kingsley.
The best of the Sidmouth rinks was the one of Wilf Radburn, John Chew, Norman Brimson and skip Brian Smith, who secured a superb 28-8 success.
There was also Sunday action for Sidmouth bowlers when they travelled to Dawlish with three mixed rinks.
You may also want to watch:
It proved to be a good afternoon and Sidmouth were ahead on all rinks – until we stopped for tea!
Obviously, stopping for tea this time did us no good as we went on to lose on two rinks, albeit by a margin of just three shots - one each rink!
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 3 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 4 Can you help Ottery become plastic free?
- 5 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 6 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 7 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 8 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
- 9 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 10 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
However, there was a terrific 26-13 win for the rink of Ann Elwood, Chris Radburn, Val Newnham and skip Wilf Radburn and that helped towards what was an overall Sidmouth victory of 55 shots to 48.