Sidmouth suffer narrow Foxlands defeat to Kingsley
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth played a Saturday morning Devon Interclub League fixture against Kingsley from North Devon.
Despite some excellent bowling by the home teams - they won by a combined score of plus 22 - the away teams did not fare so well, slipping to a 25 shot overall defeat, which meant a Sidmouth defeat by a margin of just three shots!
The final score was 72-69 in favour of Kingsley.
The best of the Sidmouth rinks was the one of Wilf Radburn, John Chew, Norman Brimson and skip Brian Smith, who secured a superb 28-8 success.
There was also Sunday action for Sidmouth bowlers when they travelled to Dawlish with three mixed rinks.
You may also want to watch:
It proved to be a good afternoon and Sidmouth were ahead on all rinks – until we stopped for tea!
Obviously, stopping for tea this time did us no good as we went on to lose on two rinks, albeit by a margin of just three shots - one each rink!
- 1 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 2 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 3 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
- 4 Dom Bess representing Sidmouth in Sri Lanka
- 5 Safety, security and sustainability at Sidmouth Town
- 6 Sid Vale Association marks its 175th anniversary
- 7 Tipton St John children's author wins national award for pioneering work
- 8 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 9 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 10 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
However, there was a terrific 26-13 win for the rink of Ann Elwood, Chris Radburn, Val Newnham and skip Wilf Radburn and that helped towards what was an overall Sidmouth victory of 55 shots to 48.