Sidmouth suffer narrow Foxlands defeat to Kingsley
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth played a Saturday morning Devon Interclub League fixture against Kingsley from North Devon.
Despite some excellent bowling by the home teams - they won by a combined score of plus 22 - the away teams did not fare so well, slipping to a 25 shot overall defeat, which meant a Sidmouth defeat by a margin of just three shots!
The final score was 72-69 in favour of Kingsley.
The best of the Sidmouth rinks was the one of Wilf Radburn, John Chew, Norman Brimson and skip Brian Smith, who secured a superb 28-8 success.
There was also Sunday action for Sidmouth bowlers when they travelled to Dawlish with three mixed rinks.
You may also want to watch:
It proved to be a good afternoon and Sidmouth were ahead on all rinks – until we stopped for tea!
Obviously, stopping for tea this time did us no good as we went on to lose on two rinks, albeit by a margin of just three shots - one each rink!
- 1 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 2 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 3 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 4 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 5 Praise to community for helping college with online learning during lockdown
- 6 Lockdown #3 challenges for the Sidmouth runners
- 7 Youngsters invited to join in Fairtrade Fortnight competition
- 8 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 9 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 10 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
However, there was a terrific 26-13 win for the rink of Ann Elwood, Chris Radburn, Val Newnham and skip Wilf Radburn and that helped towards what was an overall Sidmouth victory of 55 shots to 48.