Sidmouth suffer Tony Allcock Trophy defeat at Crediton
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth men’s B team entertained Heavitree C in their latest Exeter and District Over-60s League match, writes Carol Smith.
At the halfway mark, the score was looking pretty good for Sidmouth.
However, from there on it was all downhill for Sidmouth with Heavitree the victors on both rinks, with an aggregate score of 44-29 – oh well, onwards and upwards!
On Friday we travelled to Crediton to play the Tony Allcock Trophy.
This is a National knockout competition consisting of two mixed rinks.
You may also want to watch:
Not too much to say about this other than we lost to a better team and wish them good luck in the next round.
Only one friendly to report on this week and that was away to St Thomas in Exeter where a very friendly game was played – on our part – as we lost on four of the five rinks and overall by 83 shots to 61.
- 1 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 2 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 3 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 4 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
- 5 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 6 Plenty of case work picked up on campaign trail, but I'm happy to help
- 7 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 8 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 9 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 10 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
There was the one successful rink with Karen Hollingdale, Anita Mason, and skip Stewart Thomson, winning 19-11.