Sidmouth sunk by Bath in 50-over warm-up game
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth CC went down in their pre-season 50-over Fortfield meeting with Bath CC.
The visitors batted first and, with a 51-ball centurion in their ranks, powered to a closing score of 303-6 in their 50 overs.
Kyle Brockley took two wickets and four other home bowlers bagged a single wicket.
Sidmouth had just three knocks of double figures in their first nine batters!
Liam Lewis led the way with a 67-ball innings of 62, a knock that included eight fours and three sixes.
You may also want to watch:
Will Murray chipped in with a 67-ball 43, hitting seven fours and Brockley weighed in with a run-a-ball, three boundary 21.
Sidmouth were bowled out for 189 in 43.3 overs to lose the friendly match by 114 runs.
- 1 Tipton St John children's author wins national award for pioneering work
- 2 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 3 'I feel that front line workers should be vaccinated as soon as possible'
- 4 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 5 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 6 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 7 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 8 How the Beeching Report signalled the end of the line for many local railways
- 9 Tar Barrel Night paintings will help keep the event rolling
- 10 'We are passionate about involving young people in planning'