Sidmouth sunshine medal success for Thomas, Punter and Murphy.
- Credit: Getty Images/Goodshoot RF
There was a good-sized field on duty for the latest challenge of monthly medal stoke play at Sidmouth, writes John Johnson.
Division One was secured by one of Sidmouth Golf Clubs big names, Mark Thomas, but only on countback with Spencer Jarrett edged out into second spot after both players carded scores of gross 68 for a net 62.
It was the three birdies on the back nine from Thomas that gave him a splendid two under gross score of 31 strokes to net top spot.
Third place went to club manager Jonathan Lee with the lowest gross of the division, 67, net 63. However, he took required the aid of countback to edge out Dave Burgess who also had a net 63.
The Division Two honours went to Steve Punter with a net score of 63 and he also carded the lowest gross of the division. The Punter round is testament to never giving up after a miserable start of; double bogey, bogey, double bogey!
You may also want to watch:
In second place was yours truly, ‘Mr Overgolfed’, with a net 68. Jerry Russell was also carded a net 68, but was edged out via countback. The latter must have had a few tales to tell in the 19th after recording a 13 on the 11th also proving that one bad hole doesn’t ruin a round!
There was a familiar name at the top of the leader board in Division Three with Sean Murphy landing a net 67 and he also carded the lowest gross score of the division. Second place went to Guy Davis with a net 63 and the final position was taken by Keith White with a net 74.
- 1 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 2 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 3 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 4 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
- 5 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 6 Plenty of case work picked up on campaign trail, but I'm happy to help
- 7 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 8 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 9 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 10 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors