Sidmouth Surf Life Saving Club gets super sponsorshop from Costa Coffee
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Surf Lifesaving club continues to grow with 130 on its 2019 membership role.
The key objective of the club is to provide children and young people with skills and knowledge to be safe in the ocean, help others who may be in trouble and to be water safety ambassadors within the community.
The club is also committed to support the local community through school events, clubs session and events - which attract competitors from out of the area.
Costa Coffee Sidmouth has been a sponsor for the club since 2014, each year supporting the development of the club and the young people who take part in lifesaving training and who compete in surf lifesaving competitions all over the South West.
The club has used this year's donation to help match fund, with the Keith Owen Fund, a new specialist marquee for club events, competition and for Saturday morning club sessions.
You may also want to watch:
Dave Manley, the club chair and also head coach says: "Costa Coffee, Sidmouth have been a financial supporter since our early days and have helped the club grow and flourish.
"The Club needs a blend of grant funding to purchase equipment and set initiatives up and regular annual revenue funding, like this from Costa, to keep the club going and keep membership fees low.
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 3 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 4 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 5 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 6 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 7 Art shop thanks customers who have shown support
- 8 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
"The joint use of resources from a commercial funder and a grant giving organisation like the Keith Owen Fund supports the sustainability of the club and ensures that it is affordable of all members of community."
For their part, Costa Coffee, say: "It is with great pleasure and Pride, that we have been able to sponsor Sidmouth Surf and Life Saving Club, for another year.
"It has been an honor to see how the club has grown in size and stature, which is evident in how many members it has and how many more want to join. This is down to how well it is run and represented by such a dedicated team of organisers and club members.
"We here at Costa Sidmouth who are now part of Scoffs Group Ltd, look forward to another fantastic year with the Club and for many years to come, and wish them all luck in their forth coming competitions."