Sidmouth surf lifesaver Louis Spalding wins gold competing for England against Wales
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Surf Lifesavers are leading the south coast charge at surf lifesaving events around UK.
Sidmouth is the only south coast club that has provided members for both the Devon and England Surf Lifesaving Teams.
Louis Spalding, Josh Roberts, Jack Gregorius and Finlay Morgan represented Devon in a tight contest against Cornwall and Wales at Croyde in June.
Louis went on to GB trials and secured a place in the England team, who were victorious against Wales in Aberavon last weekend.
Louis competed in the Beach Flags, Sprint and Sprint relay in which he won a gold medal.
You may also want to watch:
Sidmouth Surf Lifesaving Club head coach Dave Manley says: “The hard work all our team members have put in over the winter and early part of the season has started to transfer into results.
“Our youth team came third in the Devon Championships and members of the team are starting to be seen as national competitors.
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Property of the Week: Glebelands
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 5 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 6 Joma Devon and Exeter League results and fixtures
- 7 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 8 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 9 A couple of new starts for Ottery Bowling Club
- 10 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
“For a young club, we are starting to get noticed as serious contenders nationally.”
Both the Youth and Nippers teams head off to the British Championships next week in Hollywell Bay, Cornwall.