Sidmouth SW continue fine start to season as Ratcliffe and Hide win three game each
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth SW were worthy winners when they entertained Exeter, writes John Coombes.
The visiting team included an outstanding young player in the shape of Ben Rolf.
The university student won all four of his matches in some comfort.
In the early stages of the match (which consists in this competition of 20 games played in five rounds) the teams performed very evenly, with four games each at the end of the second round. In the third round Sidmouth started to pull ahead, only for Exeter to catch up by the end of the fourth round, at eight-all.
However, in the final round, Sidmouth managed to pull out all the stops, winning all four games by a smallish margin, so winning the match by twelve games to eight.
You may also want to watch:
The only Sidmouth player to win all games played was Anne Ratcliffe who claimed victory in all three of her matches.
Michael Hide also won three, but lost his fourth to the formidable Ben Rolf.
- 1 Property of the Week: Glebelands
- 2 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 5 The annual Marriott Trophy at Sidmouth Town Football Club
- 6 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 7 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 8 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 The questions of British Lions selection
Sidmouth SW are next in action when they entertain Barnstaple on July 24.