Sidmouth (SW) end croquet league campaign with big win over Budleigh
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Croquet Club’s Golf Croquet Team (SW) travelled to Budleigh Salterton to play its final game of the South West Federation GC League, writes David Butler.
With handicaps ranging from three to nine, Sidmouth fielded a stronger team than Budleigh who had a team with handicaps six to 11.
When seven games had been completed Budleigh led 5-2 and by lunchtime the score had become 9-3.
Of the final eight matches Sidmouth won five and Budleigh three which left Sidmouth winning overall to the tune of a 14-6 score line.
Though everyone on the team won at least two games, Philip Harris and Paul Bradley excelled by winning all four that they played and John Maynard won three and drew one in his four.
You may also want to watch:
Sidmouth SW has played well this year, winning four matches, drawing one match and losing just one.
However, this was not enough to win the section and progress to the next round.
- 1 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 2 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 3 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 4 Photographic competition challenges snappers to spring into action
- 5 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 6 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 7 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 8 Can you help Ottery become plastic free?
- 9 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 10 Build Back Fairer by supporting Fairtrade in Sidmouth
The team to go through, East Dorset, had five wins and one loss, Sidmouth beating them in the very first game of the season back in May!