Sidmouth team enjoy clean sweep success at Fingle Glen
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Golf Club fielded a team of six to play in the Annodata Matchplay Golf against Fingle Glen, writes Paul Lewis.
All six enjoyed individual success and so the overall result was a clean sweep win for Sidmouth!
Neil Holland and Jonathan Lee scraped home with a win on the last hole.
However, Lewis White, the final player of the six, won on the 13th green while Mark Thomas and David Pepperell both won on the 17th
Mark Thomas also played in the East Devon League team against Axe Cliff, but unfortunately was not so successful as he lost with his partner Jeremy Holden.
You may also want to watch:
All other team members won their matches so the final result was a 4-1 win to Sidmouth, an excellent start to their season long endeavours.
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 5 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 6 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival
- 7 Festival will bring a much-needed boost to the town
- 8 Run for donkeys in the world’s biggest marathon
- 9 East Devon's new homes debate divides residents' opinions
- 10 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections