Sidmouth team into section final of Devon Over-55s
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth hosted the Section Three Over-55s Senior Devon County Fours, writes Carol Smith.
Sidmouth had three teams playing in the competition and one of the teams is now through to the section final to be played at Sidmouth this coming Saturday (June 16).
So, well done to Ken Wheeler, Ken Robertson, Mike Borst and skip Chris Nappin.
Sidmouth men played at home to Crediton in the first round of the National TopClub. This is another knockout competition, and, whereas the ladies have four disciplines, the men have five. (No, I do not know the reason for this!)
The men play two-wood singles, four-wood singles, pairs, triples and rinks (4s).
You may also want to watch:
A superb win for the Sidmouth men means they proceed to play the next round at Madeira (Oh, them again, I hear you say!). Anyway, this really was a brilliant win for our men and good luck to them in the next round.
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 5 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 6 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 7 Run for donkeys in the world’s biggest marathon
- 8 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival
- 9 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 10 Festival will bring a much-needed boost to the town