Sidmouth team land cup coup at Honiton Invitation Day
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth sent a team of four to play at Honiton’s Invitation Day last Saturday, writes Susie Bonnell.
Squally showers had threatened, but fortunatley completely by-passed Honiton!
Seven teams had been invited for the day’s Howard Cotterill Trophy cup challenge, but unfortunately two teams had to cancel.
Honiton managed to re-arrange the schedule so that there were six games of four ends each, which were played out during the afternoon, with a stop halfway through to enjoy a very welcome and delicious tea.
The Sidmouth team, skip Norman Brimson, Jean Brimson, Ray Hart and Susie Bonnell were having good results in the majority of their games, but had no idea of the other teams’ running total to get an idea of their placing - so it was a fantastic surprise to hear that they had finished the day with the winning score of plus-20, securing the beautiful silver trophy for Sidmouth.
You may also want to watch:
The competition has been running since 1965 and has only been won twice before by Sidmouth with the last success coming in 2002.
This latest success keeps the fine season the club is enjoying bubbling along!
- 1 Property of the Week: Glebelands
- 2 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 The annual Marriott Trophy at Sidmouth Town Football Club
- 5 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 6 The questions of British Lions selection
- 7 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 8 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 9 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 10 Plans for restart of operations for Sidmouth Voluntary Services