Sidmouth team nets the Jubilee Trophy on home turf
- Credit: Archant
There were just a single set of visitors to Sidmouth in the past week, writes Ronald Cook.
That came from a triples team from Belmont who were unable to raise a mixed team which meant the home ladies’ finding the action tough, though they all acquitted themselves well, winning two of the four rinks with Belmont the overall winners.
The successful home rinks were those of; Gerry Hargrave, Jean Green and Peter Mison (15-9) and; Peter Bloomfield, Janice Quinn and Chris Rourke (16-12).
Sadly the game suffered a premature end as the first rain in weeks fell!
Last Friday Sidmouth men welcomed six local clubs to contest the Jubilee Trophy which is played for on an annual basis.
You may also want to watch:
Teams pitched up from Honiton, Madeira, Seaton, Lyme Regis, Belmont, and Budleigh Salterton.
Two teams from Sidmouth were tied after 28 ends with plus 18 shots, Bob Seldon’s team Ivan Robins, Gordon Blood and Peter Mison were declared winners on count back, and Ron Cook’s team Ken Bridgman, Derek Mountford and Frank Adlam runners up.
- 1 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 2 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 3 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 4 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 5 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 6 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 7 Talking Newspapers set to restart service
- 8 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 9 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 10 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
In the Exeter Over-60s League, though the Sidmouth A side failed to score at Pinces Gardens they remain in fifth place in the league on shot difference ahead of Heavitree A.
Meanwhile, Sidmouth B had another good win scoring a full eight points against St Thomas A.