Sidmouth teams make great start to the Exeter Over-60s Triples League season.
- Credit: Archant
Last week saw the start of the Exeter Over-60s Triples League for Sidmouth teams, writes Ron Cook.
There were two home and one away match played.
The home matches involved the A and C teams and both took full points from their respective opponents, Hemyock and Budleigh. The B squad, playing at Belmont, had one winning rink and gained match points to
score a total of six making it an all-round ideal start to the new season.
The second friendly of the year was an away match of four triples at Tiverton Borough.
You may also want to watch:
This resulted in a 77-57 Sidmouth win with the triple of Karen Hollingdale, Frank Adlam and skip Jill Bishop winning 25-11 whilst the trio of Susie Bonnell, Chris Rourke and Brian Smith were equally emphatic winners with a 20-6 success.
Last Saturday the Sidmouth men played for the first time in the National Double Fours against Madeira losing by 13 shots on aggregate.
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 Hopes high that half marathon will be an annual event
- 5 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 6 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 7 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
- 8 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 9 Demand for properties in Sidmouth is high as South West becomes more desirable
- 10 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival
Bank Holiday Monday saw the first of a traditional invitation day by the Ladies to the Men which is always keenly fought.
On this occasion the men won five of the six rinks with an overall score of 139-100.