Sidmouth Tennis Club continues to prosper
Since the gaining of the Sport England Clubmark Designation in March of last year it has been a requirement for all such Clubs to promote more competitive tennis, writes David Thorneley.
Sidmouth Tennis Club has certainly done its upmost to comply with that requirement by providing such opportunities for its increased membership, both in the junior and adult sections.
In addition to a number of junior League Teams, the Club now fields four adult teams in the Summer League and three in the Winter and no less than thirteen internal competitions which will culminate in Finals Day this Sunday.
Invitations have been issued to the local firms and individuals, who so generously donated trophies last year, to be in attendance to make the presentations to the winners on Sunday with a bumper crowd of members as well as visitors to add a warm round of applause.
Early next year will see a more formal presentation ceremony take place at the ever popular Awards Dinner, details of which will be made available shortly along with other social events that the Club promotes throughout the year.
You may also want to watch:
The Club, so much more vibrant in recent years ,is always keen to attract more members, irrespective of age or ability, with Club Coach Sue Wiltshire holding a series of coaching sessions throughout the week for those who wish to develop their game whatever the current level.
The Club tournament will provide an ideal opportunity for prospective members to see for themselves what the Club has to offer, both on and off court, especially at this time when pro rata reductions in membership fees are available: further information can always be found on www.sidmouthtennisclub.co.uk
- 1 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 2 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 3 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 4 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 5 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 6 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 7 Dreams and nightmares at the Grand National
- 8 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 9 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 10 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
As for Sunday let us hope the wind and rain of recent days is replaced by warm sunshine from a cloudless sky !