Sidmouth Tennis Club to say ‘bon voyage’ to one coach and ‘hello’ to another
Sidmouth Tennis Club is having a fun morning for juniors this Saturday (August 31), writes Lesley Cranston.
The even takes place between 10am and 12.30pm and is part of the club’s ‘coaching change over’.
Current coach Ben Elliott is leaving Sidmouth to take up a post with Bath University where he will be responsible for the regional development programme for the mini-reds age group.
The new Sidmouth coach is no stranger to the club for South African Mike King now assumes the role of head coach after working alongside Elliott for the past year.
His brief is to run a full junior coaching programme to encompass all ages from fours years upwards.
You may also want to watch:
The day provides the chance for local tennis folk to come and say cheerio to Ben and hello to Mike and also see just what the club has to offer.
There will be free refreshments available on the day.
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 Hopes high that half marathon will be an annual event
- 5 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 6 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 7 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
- 8 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 9 Demand for properties in Sidmouth is high as South West becomes more desirable
- 10 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival
For more information on all things Sidmouth Tennis club visit the website www.sidmouthtennisclub.co.uk