Sidmouth tennis players net another good week on court
- Credit: Archant
The past week has proven to be another good week at Sidmouth for the league teams, writes Kate Truman.
The Men’s B enjoyed an emphatic 8-0 win against David Lloyd C with juniors Harry Ensall and Jonny Surtees making an extremely positive debut for the team.
The Ladies’ B also enjoyed a win against Seaton B at home, maintaining the upper hand in two all-important championship tie-breaks to finish 6-4 overall.
Meanwhile, the Mixed team suffered a loss, 7-2 at David Lloyd.
The Juniors have also been busy this week with their Aegon fixtures. The U14 boys, Harvey Bennett, Ben Harrison, Jed Ionov-Flint and Harry Ensall, won five of their six rubbers at home against Ipplepen, giving them a 10-2 win.
You may also want to watch:
Ipplepen’s number one player was too strong for Ionov-Flint, but, otherwise, all matches were won fairly easily with Harrison only dropping one game in two matches.
Ionov-Flint and Ensall teamed up to win their doubles 6-3, 6-0 and Harrison and Bennett won theirs 6-1, 6-1.
- 1 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 2 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 3 East Devon author launches satirical book
- 4 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 5 Sad loss at Beer Albion
- 6 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 7 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 8 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
- 9 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 10 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
Meanwhile, the U14 girls’ team travelled to Exeter University Tennis Centre. Hannah Rudgard played extremely well to win her singles rubber but, pitched against some talented higher ranked players, Jess Wiltshire, Jess Truman and Amelie Leach had tough matches and were unable to win any further rubbers for Sidmouth.