Sidmouth thirds claim seven wicket win at a windy Braunton
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth 2nds had their match at Plympton cancelled owing to the weather, but the third eleven played at what was a gale-swept Braunton.
However, the elements did not stop the thirds continuing their splendid winning start to the season with a seven wicket win.
Skipper Graham Munday called correctly at the toss and opted to field and the early breakthroughs were made by Lee Clayden and George House as batsmen struggled to cope with a lack of bounce.
Both bagged a pair of wickets before the Sidmouth skipper turned to a double dose of Dibble’s with teenager Anthony Dibble’s medium pace at one end and father, Charlie Dibble with his off-spin at the other end. Both Dibbles claimed wickets as did left arm spinner Toby Seldon and skipper Munday as then home side were bundled out for 90 in just 31 overs.
The run chase was completed before the scheduled tea break with just three wickets lost.
You may also want to watch:
The batsmen to fall were Issac Thomas, Tom Overthrow and Anthony Dibble, leaving Rob Fowler and Joe Griffiths to see the side home.
- 1 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 2 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 3 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 4 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 5 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 6 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 7 Talking Newspapers set to restart service
- 8 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 9 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 10 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat