Sidmouth thirds sunk by former Navy batsman
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth third eleven ran into former Navy batsman Cliff Dare when they met Shobrooke Park – and came off worst.
Dave Watkins (32) and Keith Biggs (30) were Sidmouth’s top scorers in a total of 150 all out. Having been 56 for six they did well to reach 150.
Josh Reed (23) and Bruce Robson (20) chipped in.
The Sidmouth side included rugby playing new recruit James Powell and Aiden Taylor. Dare took thee for 21 and Pete Turner three for 17.
Shobrooke were past 60 before the first wicket fell.
You may also want to watch:
Sidmouth captain Graham Munday tried different bowlers, but Dare was not to be shifted, giving only one chance which unfortunately went down because the fielder was blinded by the sun, in an undefeated 100.
Shobrooke went on to win by six wickets with time to spare.
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
- 5 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 6 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 7 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 8 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 9 Sidmouth Girls Rugby
- 10 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford