Sidmouth Thirds well beaten at Ottery St Mary and lose top two status
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth thirds slipped to only their second defeat of the 2nd XI B Division season when they went down by eight wickets at Ottery St Mary II.
The sides’ downfall was that they batted first on a wicket that certainly offered much to the bowlers and the home side also fielded exceptionally well.
Only Harvey Sargent provided much resistance with a splendid knock of 41 as the wickets fell at regular intervals, the final one going down at 139.
Batting was certainly easier later in the game and Ottery sailed home losing just two wickets and the result sees the Otters climb above the third eleven in the table.
On Saturday Sidmouth have the perfect opportunity to bounce straight back as they have the chance to become the first team this season to stop the juggernaut in the division that is Budleigh Salterton II.
You may also want to watch:
The Ottermouth side have won all seven of their matches this season.
A third defeat of the term would leave Sidmouth trailing Budleigh almost 40 points with just one more match day before the half way mark of the season is reached the following Saturday.
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 3 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 4 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 5 Can you help Ottery become plastic free?
- 6 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 7 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 8 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!