Sidmouth to begin 2014 cricket season at Bovey Tracey.
Sidmouth will start the 2014 Francis Clark Devon League campaign with a trip to Bovey Tracey.
The Saturday, May 3 trip to South Devon will be the first of what will become 673.40 miles of travelling for the Fortfield club’s senior side.
The longest trip the team face is the 137.8 mile round-trip to Instow to meet North Devon whilst the shortest trip is the 28.8 mile round-trip to face Exmouth.
Sidmouth’s first home game is the May 10 visit to Fortfield of a Cornwood side that will include the big-hitting Jackson Thompson who broke the league’s individual batting record with a double century whilst in the colours of Bradninch last season.
The season ends for Sidmouth at Fortfield when they host North Devon on the final Saturday of August.
You may also want to watch:
Sidmouth 2nds start at home to Bovey Tracey and finish at North Deon and Sidmouth 3rds begin with a home game against Thorverton and conclude their campaign with an away game against Exeter II.
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 3 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 4 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 5 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 6 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 7 Art shop thanks customers who have shown support
- 8 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients