Sidmouth drawn against Great Torrington in Emerton-Court competition
- Credit: Archant
Thirty-six teams set out this season to compete for the Emerton-Court knock-out trophy run by the Devon Men Veterans Golfing Association, writes Peter Stuckey.
After the preliminary and first round, 16 teams remain in the contest, which is played on a home and away four-ball basis with teams of ten players.
One early surprise was the defeat of last year’s winners Dartmouth who lost to Churston who now play Ilfracombe for a quarter-final spot.
Last year’s defeated finalists Royal North Devon, having beaten Honiton, now face near neighbours Saunton, winners over Exminster, in what should be a very tight north Devon fixture.
Closest match of the first round was between Downes Crediton and Exeter. Scores were tied at five-all after two legs so the first two pairs went out again to decide the winner. Downes Crediton won on the second hole of the play-off and now meet Fingle Glen.
You may also want to watch:
The other matches in round two to be played by June 30 are: Dainton v. Thurlestone; Tavistock v Stover; Borington Park v Sidmouth; Teignmouth v Great Torrington; Torquay v East Devon.
- 1 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 2 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 3 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 4 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
- 5 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 6 Plenty of case work picked up on campaign trail, but I'm happy to help
- 7 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 8 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 9 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 10 New team on frontline for mental health care and support