Sidmouth hosting Exmouth in Devon T20 quarter-finals
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth will face coastal neighbours Exmouth for a second time this season ina T20 clash when they pair meet in the quarter-finals of Servicemaster Clean Devon T20 competition, writes Conrad Sutcliffe.
Sidmouth beat the Maer men in qualifying pool four of the competition, when they won a thrilling contest by three wickets.
Sidmouth made 141 for eight - Nick Gingell (45) top scoring - and Exmouth got to 138 for eight in reply. Alvin Pollard (35) the leading run getter.
Both sides had already defeated Plymouth in their opening games. Sidmouth went through as pool winners; Exmouth qualified as one of two wild cards given to the best runners-up.
Sandford, winners in pool two, have been drawn at home to Cornwood, recipients of the other wild card.
You may also want to watch:
Cornwood were runners-up to North Devon in pool five.
Bradninch, winners against Abbotskerswell in a one-game pool two after Torquay dropped out, are away to last season's beaten finalists North Devon.
- 1 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 2 Praise to community for helping college with online learning during lockdown
- 3 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 4 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 5 East Devon author launches satirical book
- 6 Sad loss at Beer Albion
- 7 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 8 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 9 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 10 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
Heathcoat, who overcame Bovey Tracey and Cullompton in pool one, are at home to pool six winners Exeter. The deadline for matches to be played is Sunday, June 16.
Servicemaster Devon T20 Cup, quarter-finals: Heathcoat v Exeter, Sandford v Cornwood, Sidmouth v Exmouth, North Devon v Bradninch.