Sidmouth too good for Cornwall on croquet meeting
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth’s level play golf croquet team entertained Cornwall in their first match of the new season.
Sidmouth got off to a very good start in both the doubles and singles played in the morning session.
With Philip Harris, Roger Hendy and Michael Hide winning all of their games, Sidmouth had a commanding lead at the lunch break.
Sidmouth continued to press their advantage in the afternoon with Graeme Prior and Ian Simpson playing particularly well.
The match finished Sidmouth 15½-Cornwall 4½ - a most satisfactory result for the home team.
You may also want to watch:
Thanks go to Gill Hodge for providing a lovely lunch.
? Budleigh Salterton and Sidmouth Croquet Clubs met recently for their twice-yearly ‘supposedly’ friendly match in which they compete for the Seagull trophy.
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 3 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 4 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 5 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 6 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 7 Art shop thanks customers who have shown support
- 8 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
Budleigh won him back from Sidmouth with a resounding victory of 12-4.