Sidmouth top of fledgling indoor league table
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth and Clyst Hydon A are the early leaders in the Sidmouth Sports Centre Indoor Cricket League table.
Both were part of the matchday two (Sunday, January 14) action that saw four games played.
Sidmouth followed up their week one win over Ottery St Mary by dishing out a heavy defeat to Newton Poppleford. Sidmouth batted first and powered their way to a whopping 167 – that the biggest score of the season to date - and Popples responded with 111 to lose by 56 runs.
Clyst Hydon A, who had beaten Newton Poppleford seven days before, were equally emphatic in their win over Yarcombe and Stockland, who were bundled out for 76 in response to the Clyst total of 141.
The first game of the latest round of matches saw Tipton St John consign Ottery St Mary to a second successive defeat. Ottery were restricted to 115, which proved not enough to deny Tipton their first win of the campaign.
You may also want to watch:
The other match played saw Clyst Hydon B defeat Clyst St George.
Latest table P W L WD Pts
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
- 5 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 6 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 7 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 8 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 9 Plenty of case work picked up on campaign trail, but I'm happy to help
- 10 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
Sidmouth 2 2 0 -3 6
Clyst Hydon A 2 2 0 0 6
Tipton St John 2 1 1 -3 3
Clyst Hydon B 1 1 0 0 3
Clyst St George 2 1 1 2 3
Yarcombe and Stockland 1 0 1 0 0
Ottery St Mary 2 0 2 0 0
Newton Poppleford 2 0 2 3 0
WD= wickets difference