Sidmouth Toucan Chicks top Honiton Netball League
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
With Hi Q not playing this week it presented a chance for Sidmouth Toucan Chicks to go top if they could beat Signs South West, writes Graham Ingram.
The game started well for both teams in an even contest, but SSW were reduced to six players during the game due to injury and the Chicks, with Flora Hastie once again turning in a good performance, took advantage to record a 48-37 win despite fine resistance from Signs and Georgie Moss, in particular.
The other Division One game saw Otters pick up their second win with a convincing win over Hawks by 36-4. Hawks are finding scoring difficult at present. The star of the show for Otters was Vicky Carnall while Naomi Cook played well for Hawks.
There was a full list of fixtures in Division Two with a clash between the two unbeaten teams in the section, Sidmouth Toucans and Blackdown.
In a close encounter it was Blackdown who came out on top with a 35-25 victory. It was a game for Rachel’s to star, Darlani for Sidmouth and Clapbury for Blackdown.
You may also want to watch:
Toucans held onto top spot as they have played one more game than Blackdown and a superior goal difference to Tip Top Trees who held onto second place thanks to their win by 31-17 over Pixies.
Jenny Kelly was the 3Ts star and Georgia Selley the pick for Pixies. Otter Valley held onto fourth place thanks to their big win over Swaggermamas.
- 1 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 2 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 3 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 4 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 5 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 6 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 7 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 8 Talking Newspapers set to restart service
- 9 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 10 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
With Catherine Phillips playing well the Valley were too strong for the Mamas despite good work from Karen Bennett.
The final score was 36-4 to Otter Valley. Final game of the evening saw JD Tyres pick up their second win of the campaign with a victory over Beer Blazers who are still looking for their first win of the season.
JD finished victors by 36-8 with Jenny Bryant playing well and Frankie Hefferman turning in a good display for the Blazers.
Division One P GD Pts
Sidmouth Toucan Chicks 4 96 12
Hi Q 4 82 12
Flamingos 4 61 10
Otters 4 15 8
HNC Hot Shots 4 -23 7
Ford &Pentecost Panthers 4 -24 6
Signs South West 4 -67 2
Howden Hawks 4 -140 0
Division Two P GD Pts
Sidmouth Toucans 6 63 16
Tip Top Trees 6 45 16
Blackdown 5 50 15
Otter Valley 5 44 11
JD Tyres 6 14 9
Pixies 5 -57 6
Swaggermamas 6 -90 5
Beer Blazers 5 -69 3