Sidmouth Toucan’s Kirsty is crowned queen of the court
A netball player from Newton Poppleford is making great strides in the game, writes Alexa Baker..
Kirsty Platt was recently presented with the Honiton Netball Winter League, Player of the Match trophy.
Kirsty was the player who, throughout the season, earned the most individual Player of the match awards hence her honour at the end of the campaign.
The youngster initially went along to the friendly netball sessions run by Sidmouth Toucans netball team on Saturdays, (5-6pm at Sidmouth sports hall).
She spent a couple of years attending the sessions and then became an affiliated member of England Netball and joined the Sidmouth Toucan netball team, playing regularly in the Honiton and Exmouth netball leagues.
You may also want to watch:
A sixth form student who is a very nifty goal attack, manages to score amazing goals from the edge of the circle, she has made her team mates and sponsors very proud of her.
She becomes the second Sidmouth Toucan player to received the honour, Anna Rowson is the other Toucan to have won the coveted award, she landed it two seasons running.
- 1 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 2 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 3 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 4 Former Ottery science technician celebrates her seventieth year
- 5 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 6 Different species of deer are part of our wildlife inheritance
- 7 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 8 Country owes a 'great debt' to The Duke of Edinburgh
- 9 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 10 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
The Saturday sessions run from September to April and are open to anyone in Year 9 and above, ability and experience not necessary, just a pair of trainers and a drink!
For more information please e-mail Alexafirstname.lastname@example.org.