Sidmouth Toucans all set for big Honiton Netball League meeting with Beer Blazers
- Credit: Archant
Two weeks have passed in the HNL and the top two teams in the table remain the same, writes Steph Upson.
Beer Blazers remain top after an impressive fifth win, this one a 51-4 success against another Beer-based team in Shooting Starz.
Jaguars are a close second on goal difference as they have also won all five of their matches so far this season.
Their latest success was a 49-43 win in an exciting and close encounter with Signs South West - an excitingly close game which ended 49-43.
Sidmouth Toucans are third and they too have made a perfect start, in their case with four wins from four outings.
You may also want to watch:
The Toucans' next game is bound to be an interesting and closely matched contest as they will take on Beer Blazers and so, with both teams sporting 100 per cent record something has to give!
The mid-table teams continue to swap positions and things are bound to continue like that in the coming weeks with some teams having a game, or two, in hand.
- 1 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
- 2 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 3 SRC mighty six take on Sid Valley Ring half-marathon
- 4 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 5 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 6 College launches two new fundraising appeals
- 7 Mixed weekend for Sidmouth and Ottery Hockey
- 8 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 9 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 10 Unbeaten run ends for young Otters
At the bottom of the table, Shooting Starz have moved from 23rd place to 21st after their first win of the season. It came in week seven when they won a fiercely competitive game against Cranbrook White Arrows. Starz took the lead from the first centre pass and held their advantage through to the final whistle by which time they had chalked up a 23-18 success.
One individual player most worthy of mention of late is Saoirse Malton, who has had a fantastic past fortnight, picking up three Player of the Match (POTM) awards in the three games she has played. She bagged one in week six and two in week seven playing Sidmouth Trident and Cranbrook Black Arrows.