Sidmouth Toucans bank a point after four months of toil
Sidmouth Toucans banked the first point of the Honiton and District Netball League season on Monday night, writes Sarah Sparks.
The girls have kept plugging away, winning plenty of friends along the way, but without having anything to show for their considerable collective efforts over the first four months of the season..
All that changed on Monday night in a match against SW Signs played indoors at Colyton Sports Hall.
Sarah Sparks, playing as the wing attack, skippered the side and led by supreme example deservedly picking up the Player of the Match award for her contribution.
With Louise Neilson still out of action owing to injury and Alexa Baker pursuing her acting ambitions, the Toucans were forced into changes. A key feature of an impressive team performance was the strength in defence where key contributions were made by Sarah Burston, GD, Lesley Hall and Lucy Davies in the wing defence berths and especially goalkeeper Sarah Fletcher, the latter serving up a superb shift.
You may also want to watch:
Centre Rachel Darlami kept the play flowing and the ball heading in the right direction to the dynamic shooting duo of Helen Terry and Emma Davies, who kindly stepped in at short notice.
It was certainly a collective performance that suggested the Toucans will be wining sooner rather than later!
- 1 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 2 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 3 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
- 4 Tipton St John children's author wins national award for pioneering work
- 5 Sid Vale Association marks its 175th anniversary
- 6 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 7 'I feel that front line workers should be vaccinated as soon as possible'
- 8 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 9 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 10 Popular Sidmouth swimathon set to return this year