Sidmouth Toucans battle well before slipping to South West Signs reversal.
It was perhaps not surprising that, after a two-week break for weather woes and the half-term, Sidmouth Toucans laboured their way back into action, writes Alexa Baker.
They were playing South West Signs who had inflicted a 50-15 defeat on them when the pair met back in September.
From the opening exchanges the Toucans defence were busy! Sarah Fletcher (GK), Louise Neilson (GD) and Sarah ‘cow socks’ Burstan (WD), put up formidable resistance throughout.
Centre Rachel Darlami initially had trouble finding a team mate to pass the centre pass to, but nifty footwork of captain Sarah Sparks at wide-attack Caroline Biggs in the goal-attack berth, soon resolved that particular problem!
Biggs was fully deserving of the Player of the Match award as she produced yet another magnificent shift that saw he not only run rings round everyone else, but she also found the goal net on a number of occasions, but the bulk of her work was in getting quality ball into goal-shooter Alexa Baker under then net.
You may also want to watch:
At the final whistle Toucans had been beaten 46-14 but the score line does not reflect the healthy contribution that Toucans made to the contest.
Both teams were awarded 10 fair play points.
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 3 Can you help Ottery become plastic free?
- 4 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 5 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 6 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 7 Build Back Fairer by supporting Fairtrade in Sidmouth
- 8 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 9 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
- 10 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98