Sidmouth Toucans lead the way in the Honiton Netball League
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Toucans and Flamingos continue to make the running at the top of table with both on 12 points and Toucans hanging on to the top spot on goal difference, writes Graham Ingram.
Flamingos made it four wins in a row when they defeated Upolwman 46-33 thanks to some great work from Trish Warwick, whilst once again Andrea Britten was the Uplowman star.
Sidmouth Toucans met Pixies and despite starting 24-30 by half way they had edged into a 35-33 lead which they then gradually built upon to record a 44–36 victory. Sarah Barston was the Toucans pick whilst Rachel Edwards was the Pixies star. Hawks had also started the evening undefeated but that came to an end when they met JD Tyres for whom Tanya Broom is having a good season. By quarter time JD had moved three goals ahead at 37-33 and although Howden Hawks worked hard, with Zoe Dunn playing well they could not get back into the game and JD continued to outscore Hawks in each period to win by 67-54 and hold on to third place.
OPG went into their third game still looking for a win, but it all came good for them as they out scored a plucky Signs South West side for whom Michaela Sydenham turned in a fine performance.
Cara Monaghan was in fine shooting form for OPG as they picked up their first three points from their 47-35 victory. Tip Top Trees also started the night looking for their first victory – and they were up against old colleagues and rivals Hi Q. With Sophie Bray playing well 3Ts stormed out of the blocks from the off and led throughout the match to win by 69-46 despite some good play from Stacey Salter for Hi Q.
You may also want to watch:
Unfortunately the sixth game of the evening did not take place as Water Babes were unable to field a side. They therefore forfeited the game to Otter valley Dairy and were also deducted three points.
Team P GD Pts
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 3 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 4 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 5 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 6 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 7 Art shop thanks customers who have shown support
- 8 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
Sidmouth Toucans 4 39 12
Flamingos 4 35 12
JD Tyres 4 16 10
Uplowman 4 -14 8
Howden Hawks 3 15 7
Hi Q 4 -14 7
OPG 3 8 6
Otter Valley Dairy 4 6 6
Pixies 4 -18 6
Signs South West 4 -21 6
Tip Top Trees 3 6 5
Water Babes* 3 -33 -1
*Deducted 3 points for not fulfilling a fixture