Sidmouth Toucans lose close encounter with Pixies in Honiton Netball league
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Toucans returned to action after a break and met the Pixies in the Honiton Netball Summer League.
Playing on the outdoor Honiton courts it was surprisingly warm and dry, which meant thermal layers could be left off for once!
The Honiton Summer League is played on a handicap basis and so Pixies began with a six-goal advantage with the teams starting the match with Pixies leading 34-28.
Sadly Toucans could not make the difference back and the final score was 59-47 in Pixies favour.
The Toucans were pleased to welcome back Vicki Russell after her maternity leave. She certainly made her presence felt with a superb all-round shift that was recognized by the umpires who awarded her Player of the Match.
You may also want to watch:
Alexa Baker, Danni Walters and Helen Terry all took turns as goalkeeper with Sarah Burstan (GD) and Vicki Russell (WD), bringing much needed consistency to the Toucans defence. Terry played three-quarters of then match as goalkeeper and, with Louise Neilson outstanding at GS, made life difficult for Pixies.
Centre, Rachel Darlami, kept the ball in motion, using the two wing attacks, Sarah Sparks and Lesley Hall to good affect.
- 1 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
- 2 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 3 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 4 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 5 When it comes to our beach, its about taking responsibility for what we do
- 6 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 7 SRC mighty six take on Sid Valley Ring half-marathon
- 8 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 9 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
- 10 Mixed weekend for Sidmouth and Ottery Hockey
Both teams were awarded 10 fair play points.
The Toucans left the court in good spirits despite the defeat and a whiff of deep heat!