Sidmouth Toucans say cheerio (for now) to star player Caroline Biggs
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Uplowman 55, Sidmouth Toucans 15 For the second time this season Toucans went down to a strong Uplowman side.
The previous meeting has seen the Mid Devon outfit win 48-15 and, whilst Toucans matched their tally this time, Uplowman notched seven more.
Toucan’s defence worked solidly throughout the game, persevering and taking advantage of every opportunity to send the ball back up the court.
Sarah Burstan and Louise shared GK and GD positions and, despite a height disadvantage, managed to tip a few balls away from the Uplowman net. Lesley Hall, WD, made a welcome return to the team and interacted well with Rachel Darlami, C, Caroline Biggs and Helen Terry who shared the WA and GA slots.
Alexa Baker, GS, made Caroline’s’ last match with the Toucans a memorable one by (accidently) throwing the ball at close range into her face under the goal post!
You may also want to watch:
Amazingly Caroline not only continued to play on, running rings around the opposition, but was awarded Player of the Match.
Sidmouth Toucans wish Caroline the very best in her new job; her formidable presence on the pitch will be missed, as will her presence off it!
- 1 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 2 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 3 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
- 4 Dom Bess representing Sidmouth in Sri Lanka
- 5 Safety, security and sustainability at Sidmouth Town
- 6 Tipton St John children's author wins national award for pioneering work
- 7 Sid Vale Association marks its 175th anniversary
- 8 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 9 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 10 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start