Sidmouth Toucans slip up again in Honiton Netball League
Sidmouth Toucans slipped to another defeat in their latest Honiton and District Summer Netball league encounter, writes Graham Ingram.
Their latest reversal came at the hands of in-form Signs South West who had trailed 18-24 before claiming a halftime 40-32 lead.
Despite Helen Terry having a good game in attack for the Toucans they found themselves chasing the game and they eventually succumbed to a 66-43 defeat.
After the disappointment of Water Babes withdrawal from the league there was another ‘hiccup’ when Pixies were unable to field a team due to injuries and holidays – they therefore had to forfeit their match against Hi Q.
It is all very tight at the top with just four points separating Flamingos in top spot from Sidmouth Toucans in seventh.
You may also want to watch:
Flamingos held on to the top place when they recorded a victory over Otter Valley Dairy by 59-41.
Uplowman, like SSW and Hi Q are just one point behind Flamingos thanks to a win over Howden Hawks
- 1 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 2 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 3 Plans for restart of operations for Sidmouth Voluntary Services
- 4 College launches two new fundraising appeals
- 5 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 6 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 7 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 8 Sidmouth Girls Rugby
- 9 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
- 10 Young gardeners enjoy seeing the early fruits of their labour
JD Tyres were 64-57 winners over Tip Top Trees.
Latest table: P GD Pts
Flamingos 7 53 19
Signs South West 8 86 18
Hi Q 7 85 18
Uplowman 8 8 18
OPG 6 67 15
JD Tyres 7 -2 15
Sidmouth Toucans 7 -13 15
Howden Hawks 7 -54 11
Tip Top Trees 7 -58 11
Otter Valley Dairy 7 -44 9
Pixies* 7 -103 3
*Deducted 3 points for not fulfilling a fixture