Sidmouth Toucans slip up again in Honiton Netball League
Sidmouth Toucans slipped to another defeat in their latest Honiton and District Summer Netball league encounter, writes Graham Ingram.
Their latest reversal came at the hands of in-form Signs South West who had trailed 18-24 before claiming a halftime 40-32 lead.
Despite Helen Terry having a good game in attack for the Toucans they found themselves chasing the game and they eventually succumbed to a 66-43 defeat.
After the disappointment of Water Babes withdrawal from the league there was another ‘hiccup’ when Pixies were unable to field a team due to injuries and holidays – they therefore had to forfeit their match against Hi Q.
It is all very tight at the top with just four points separating Flamingos in top spot from Sidmouth Toucans in seventh.
You may also want to watch:
Flamingos held on to the top place when they recorded a victory over Otter Valley Dairy by 59-41.
Uplowman, like SSW and Hi Q are just one point behind Flamingos thanks to a win over Howden Hawks
- 1 Dom Bess representing Sidmouth in Sri Lanka
- 2 Safety, security and sustainability at Sidmouth Town
- 3 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 4 Sid Vale Association marks its 175th anniversary
- 5 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 6 Fishing vessel rescued by Exmouth RNLI
- 7 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
- 8 "Whoever you are, the county council will almost certainly play some role in your everyday life"
- 9 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 10 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
JD Tyres were 64-57 winners over Tip Top Trees.
Latest table: P GD Pts
Flamingos 7 53 19
Signs South West 8 86 18
Hi Q 7 85 18
Uplowman 8 8 18
OPG 6 67 15
JD Tyres 7 -2 15
Sidmouth Toucans 7 -13 15
Howden Hawks 7 -54 11
Tip Top Trees 7 -58 11
Otter Valley Dairy 7 -44 9
Pixies* 7 -103 3
*Deducted 3 points for not fulfilling a fixture