Sidmouth Toucans still in Honiton Netball League title chase
The Honiton Netball Handicap League moves towards the final three weeks of the season with Flamingos holding on to top spot, writes Graham Ingram.
With only four points separating first from fifth and teams having games in hand, a thrilling finish to the season is expected.
In the latest round of matches Flamingos were up against former leaders Sidmouth Toucans.
The Toucans, with Rachel Darlami playing well, held on to the lead until half way.
In the third quarter, with Yvonne Tolhurst in great form, it was Flamingos who moved in front by 39-32.
You may also want to watch:
From there they went on to record a 50-36 win.
Signs South West held on to their second place when they recorded a 71-46 victory over Howden Hawks.
- 1 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 2 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 3 East Devon author launches satirical book
- 4 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 5 Grassroots sport under the Lords microscope
- 6 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 7 Dom Bess representing Sidmouth in Sri Lanka
- 8 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
- 9 Fishing vessel rescued by Exmouth RNLI
- 10 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
Although Sandra Falkner was playing well for the Hawks the SSW, with Rowan Williams providing inspiration, were too strong for them and having nosed in front 42-41 at half way they then powered to their sixth win of the campaign.
OPG continued to press the leaders when they defeated a plucky and hard working Tip Top Trees side.
OPG started in arrears but by half way had gained the upper hand thanks to some good work from the effervescent Denise Meyers in attack.
Although Lidia Fanzo pushed 3Ts hard they could not get back and went down by 63-42.
The best performance of the night tag went to Otter Valley Dairy when they came up against fourth placed Uplowman.
The game went to the wire and finished all square at 53-53.
Rachel Tucker was the OVD star whilst pick of the Uplowman side was Zoe Beresford.
Resuts: Uplowman 53, Otter Valley Dairy 53; Signs South West 71, Howden Hawks 46; OPG 63, Tip Top Trees 42; Flamingos 50, Sidmouth Toucans 36.
P GD Pts
Flamingos 8 67 22
Signs South West 9 111 21
Uplowman 9 8 20
OPG 7 88 18
Hi Q 7 85 18
Sidmouth Toucans 8 -27 16
JD Tyres 7 -2 15
Howden Hawks 8 -79 12
Tip Top Trees 8 -79 12
Otter Valley Dairy 8 -44 11
Pixies* 7 -103 3