Sidmouth Toucans still top of Division Two
- Credit: Archant
It was a week of middle order games in Division One of the Honiton Netball League with Otters playing HNC Hot Shots and Sidmouth Toucan Chicks up against Ford and Pentecost Panthers, writes Graham Ingram.
Hot Shots took the honours in their game with 36-27 win, despite being behind 16-15 at halfway. The win moved them up to fourth and dropped Otters back to fifth.
The star of the show for Hot Shots was Bryony Monaghan with Kerry Machell being the pick of the Otters.
Sidmouth Toucan Chicks held onto their third place thanks to their 34-23 victory over Ford and Pentecost Panthers, who are having a comfortable season settling into the top flight.
Chicks led from the off with Emily Rudolph doing well whilst Anna Benson played well for the Panthers, particularly in the last two quarters to ensure that they came away with a point.
You may also want to watch:
It was a week for the lower order teams in Division Two to see action. Beer Blazers bounced back from their setback the previous week to record their third win in their last four games when they defeated Pixies in a close contest.
With Becky Dormer having another good game, Beer were 8-3 up at quarter time and, although the following quarters were even, that early lead was maintained for their 26-20 win, despite Georgie Selley working hard for Pixies.
- 1 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 2 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 3 Photographic competition challenges snappers to spring into action
- 4 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 5 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 6 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 7 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival
- 8 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
The final match of the night saw JD Tyres record a comfortable win over Swaggermamas by 39-4 putting them just two points behind Otter Valley who sit fourth in the table.
With Sam Brunskill in great form, JD were too strong for the Mamas from the off, despite good work from Karen Bennett.
Division One P GD Pts
Flamingos 10 240 28
Hi Q 10 215 28
Sidmouth Toucan Chicks 9 122 21
HNC Hot Shots 10 -48 20
Otters 9 22 18
Ford &Pentecost Panthers 10 -69 15
Howden Hawks 9 -295 2
Signs South West* 9 -187 -2
*SSW deducted 6 points for not fulfilling fixtures
Division Two P GD Pts
Sidmouth Toucans 10 107 28
Tip Top Trees 10 54 28
Blackdown 10 97 26
Otter Valley 10 54 20
JD Tyres 11 39 18
Beer Blazers 11 -70 14
Pixies 11 -118 12
Swaggermamas 11 -163 11