Sidmouth Toucans welcome back Russell and bank another nine fair play points
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Toucans 9, HiQ 35 With the Honiton courts out of action due to the wintry weather, Sidmouth Toucans switched their Honiton League match with HiQ to the warmth of Colyton sports hall, writes Alexa Baker.
Toucans welcomed back original team member Vicki Russell, following the birth of her son, Finlay, and she shared the wing defence duties with Lesley Hall and survived!
The Toucans defence were put under pressure throughout, but Sarah Fletcher (GK) and Louise Neilson (GD), worked tirelessly throughout.
The impressive and consistent interceptions by Neilson caught the umpires eye and she was deservedly named the Toucans Player of the Match.
Such is the dedication of the Toucans team that centre Rachel Darlami and skipper Sarah Sparks (WA) were trying out new centre play techniques at Saturday’s training session at Sidmouth sports hall, prior to the match with HiQ and some of the new play worked a treat!
You may also want to watch:
Further evidence of the collective determination to keep developing as a team was the regular shooting skills practise put in by Lucy Davies and Sarah Burston.
Both teams picked up nine fair play points for their efforts.
- 1 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 2 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 3 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 4 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 5 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 6 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 7 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 8 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls
- 9 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 10 Talking Newspapers set to restart service