Sidmouth Toucans win netball title
NETBALL - In Division Two both Sidmouth Toucans and Flamingos B needed a win to stand a chance of the title.
Division Two: Sidmouth Toucans65, CMC Birds 3; Bampton 33, St Mary's 19; ADP13, Flamingos B 33; Tip Top Trees Acorns 23, NAS Vehicle Repairs 30.
In Division Two both Sidmouth Toucans and Flamingos B needed a win to stand a chance of the title and Bampton and ADP were both in with a chance of promotion if either of the other two failed to win.
Flamingos B had led the table from the start and looked almost certain to be crowned champions. Sidmouth Toucans had other ideas as they stormed to a 65-3 win against CMC Birds. Vicky Tarr caught the eye for Sidmouth, whilst Julie McClean was the CMC pick. This gave Toucans a goal difference of +127 .
Helen Terry, the Sidmouth Goal Attack, got tangled in play, fell awkwardly on her foot and ended up being carried off the court and off to casualty where an x-ray showed she'd broken a bone and she is now in plaster.
You may also want to watch:
Alexa Baker said: "Luckily, we had a reserve, Louise Hastie, who was hoping for half a game to break herself back in gently after a knee op. That wasn't to be and she played extremely well in defence. We knew we had to score as many goals as possible to win the league and we won 65-03, winning the league on goal difference".
Toucans win meant that Flamingos B needed to beat ADP by a clear 24 goals. Although they worked hard, led well by Laura Harris, ADP denied them this size of win, thanks to some fine play from Becky Totten. Flamingos, although victorious, had only won by 33-13 - a goal difference of +124!.
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 3 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 4 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 5 Sidmouth seniors back in competitive action
- 6 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 7 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 8 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 9 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 10 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
Sidmouth Toucans 7+12719
Flamingos B 7+12419
Tip Top T Acorns 7+1212
St Mary's 7-848
CMC Birds 7-2410