Sidmouth Town all set and ready for Tigers visit
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Town are all set for the their Tuesday night meeting with Axminster Town at Manstone Lane (6.30pm).
The Vikings have made a solid start to the season with two wins (at home to Alphington on the opening day and away at University in midweek) and lost at Teignmouth last Saturday.
Town boss Josh Stunell is delighted with his charges, particularly with the way they dismantled University on Monday night having been beaten in South Devon just two days before.
He says: “We ought to have come back from Teignmouth with something to show for our efforts, but paid the price for poor finishing.
“Monday night was so much better. Indeed I’d go as far as to say that the performance on a superb surface at the University grounds in Exeter was as good as I have seen from the side.
You may also want to watch:
“We have had a good pre-season and I feel the squad is now of the sort of strength that we can really work with.
“A huge plus this season is that not one player who takes to the pitch can do so in any sort of comfort zone.
- 1 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 2 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 3 Plans for restart of operations for Sidmouth Voluntary Services
- 4 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 5 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 6 Sidmouth Girls Rugby
- 7 College launches two new fundraising appeals
- 8 Young gardeners enjoy seeing the early fruits of their labour
- 9 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 10 Plenty of case work picked up on campaign trail, but I'm happy to help
“While that might not have been the case in past seasons, this time round there’s a player itching to take the shirt for every position and that is such a healthy situation for us.”
Stunell will give a home debut on Tuesday night to Ryan Davies who impressed in the win at University.
Stunell says: “Ryan (Davies) is someone I knew well through my time managing the Devon and Exeter League select XI. He’s a very skilful and intelligent footballer and will bring something extra to our midfield.
“We saw at University what sort of a partnership we can expect from him and Aaron Doble in central midfield. I am looking for more of the same on Tuesday night.”