Sidmouth Town bank grant aid to set up third team next season
- Credit: Archant
Grassroots football in Sidmouth has been given a helping hand following a £3,000 Grow the Game grant, from the Football Foundation, the country’s largest sports charity.
The grant will allow Sidmouth Town to establish a new third team this coming season and pay for new kit, pitch hire and coaching for players and management alike.
This is all part of a desire by both Sidmouth Town AFC and Sidmouth Town Junior Vikings to make it easier for youngsters within the town to keep playing football after they reach the age of 16.
The Premier League and the Football Association fund the Grow the Game scheme with £1.5m, which is delivered by the Football Foundation, the nation’s largest sports charity. The scheme is designed to increase participation in our national game by helping clubs to meet the essential costs of starting new teams.
Ian Peacock, the manager of the new Sidmouth Town 3rd team said:“ we are really grateful to the Football Foundation for helping us give the Town’s youngsters every chance to keep playing a game that so many of them have enjoyed for the last 8 or more years. We will be hosting a trial and a signing on session at 5.30 pm on June 19, (venue to be confirmed) for the new third team and the Town’s under-18s team.”
You may also want to watch:
Paul Thorogood, Chief Executive of the Football Foundation, said: “Grow the Game has become one of the Foundation’s most popular schemes. This additional funding provided by the Premier League and The FA is excellent news for grassroots clubs seeking to start new teams and get their volunteer coaches qualified with FA coaching badges.
“Congratulations to Sidmouth Town for working with the Devon FA to secure their £3,000 Grow the Game grant which will increase participation in the region as well as support football development in the area.”
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 5 Joma Devon and Exeter League results and fixtures
- 6 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 7 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
- 8 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 9 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 10 New team on frontline for mental health care and support