Sidmouth Town off to good start under new manager Pears
- Credit: Matt Smart
Sidmouth Town’s new manager has praised his side’s work rate and intensity after defeating higher-league opposition in their first fixture of pre-season.
Richard Pears’ side came away with a 3-1 victory over Wellington – who play two divisions higher than Sidmouth - on Friday (July 13) with two goals from striker Ash Small and another from fellow forward Rob Knight.
Now new manager Pears is hoping that momentum can continue into tonight’s (Friday, July 20) game against Feniton at Manstone Lane.
He said: “I was really pleased with the result against Wellington – we played with real intensity and work rate. We had some really good performances and we worked on the game shape and management that I have tried to introduce.
“I’ve told the players we are looking to finish in the top six this season – we’re not there to make up the numbers, we’re there to win football matches.”
You may also want to watch:
Sidmouth host Chard next Friday (July 27) night before travelling to Topsham on Tuesday, July 31.
- 1 When it comes to our beach, its about taking responsibility for what we do
- 2 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 3 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 4 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 5 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 6 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 7 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 8 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 9 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 10 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb