Sidmouth Town boss Rchard Pears announces pre-season schedule
- Credit: Archant
New Sidmouth Town boss Richard Pears has completed his pre-season schedule and is very clear as to what sort of condition he wants his players to report back in when they pitch up at Manstone Lane for the first of the pr-season sessions being held at the club.
Underlying the professional approach the new man in charge is looking to adopt he says in an open letter to all players, old and new, intending top be at Town for that opening session: ‘It is expected that all players invited to pre-season must have a good level of personal fitness, stamina and football sharpness and therefore it is advised that player’s maintain their fitness levels over the close season’.
Included in the pre-season period is a Saturday, August 4 trip to Newquay for a friendly that will be followed by a player’s night out.
In terms of the pre-season schedule, the all important dates for training session and warm-up matches are.
Friday, July 6 Training at the club (7.30pm)
You may also want to watch:
Tuesday July 10 Training at the club (7.15pm)
Friday July 13 Home match versus Wellington (7.30pm)
- 1 The annual Marriott Trophy at Sidmouth Town Football Club
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 Property of the Week: Glebelands
- 4 The questions of British Lions selection
- 5 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 6 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 7 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 8 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 9 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
- 10 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
Tuesday, July 17 Training at the club (7.15pm)
Friday, July 20 Home match versus Feniton (7.30pm)
Tuesday, July 24 Training at the club (7.30pm)
Friday, July 27 Home match versus Chard Town (7.30pm)
Tuesday, July 31 Away match at Topsham Town (7.30pm)
Saturday, August 4 Away Day with match at Newquay (3pm)
Tuesday August 7 Training at the club (7.15pm)
Friday, August 10 Opening league game away at Axminster Town.