Sidmouth Town boss Rchard Pears announces pre-season schedule
- Credit: Archant
New Sidmouth Town boss Richard Pears has completed his pre-season schedule and is very clear as to what sort of condition he wants his players to report back in when they pitch up at Manstone Lane for the first of the pr-season sessions being held at the club.
Underlying the professional approach the new man in charge is looking to adopt he says in an open letter to all players, old and new, intending top be at Town for that opening session: ‘It is expected that all players invited to pre-season must have a good level of personal fitness, stamina and football sharpness and therefore it is advised that player’s maintain their fitness levels over the close season’.
Included in the pre-season period is a Saturday, August 4 trip to Newquay for a friendly that will be followed by a player’s night out.
In terms of the pre-season schedule, the all important dates for training session and warm-up matches are.
Friday, July 6 Training at the club (7.30pm)
You may also want to watch:
Tuesday July 10 Training at the club (7.15pm)
Friday July 13 Home match versus Wellington (7.30pm)
- 1 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 2 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 3 Tar Barrel Night paintings will help keep the event rolling
- 4 Popular Sidmouth swimathon set to return this year
- 5 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 6 Hospitality needs a 'seat at cabinet the table' in Westminster - Michael Caines
- 7 Celebs urged to lead by example and stay away from Devon
- 8 Fake Covid-19 vaccine scam alert
- 9 Mitch 'still committed' to £1 million Sidmouth restaurant plan
- 10 An extra £4.6 billion made available to support UK businesses during lockdown
Tuesday, July 17 Training at the club (7.15pm)
Friday, July 20 Home match versus Feniton (7.30pm)
Tuesday, July 24 Training at the club (7.30pm)
Friday, July 27 Home match versus Chard Town (7.30pm)
Tuesday, July 31 Away match at Topsham Town (7.30pm)
Saturday, August 4 Away Day with match at Newquay (3pm)
Tuesday August 7 Training at the club (7.15pm)
Friday, August 10 Opening league game away at Axminster Town.