Sidmouth Town boss speaks on potential divisional changes
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Town manager Josh Stunell has mixed feelings about any restructuring of the SWP League Eastern Division.
He is certainly not one to be concerned about the current set-up and the travelling, which takes his team to North Devon to face the likes of Torridgeside, Ilfracombe and Appledore.
The Town boss says: “For my money, an element of travelling in the season is important in as much as it offers an opportunity to take the lads away on a coach or a mini bus, which always enhances club spirit.”
He continued: “I do feel that if we look to make things ‘too local’ we may find a watering down of quality, which would be a bad thing in my book.”
Stunell continued: “The thing is, the Macron League Premier Division top three could certainly step up into the SWP League and compete, but I am not so sure about there being sufficient numbers of players to support too many teams at the same standard of the game, coming from a small area. That said, I guess it’s a case of progress…
You may also want to watch:
“Whatever happens, we, here at Manstone Lane, will continue to work on the basis of being one club with a mission to bring talented young players through our ranks and into senior football.”
- 1 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 2 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 3 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 4 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
- 5 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 6 Plenty of case work picked up on campaign trail, but I'm happy to help
- 7 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 8 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 9 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 10 New team on frontline for mental health care and support