Sidmouth Town boss: “We deserved the win over Crediton United”
Sidmouth Town boss Josh Stunell spoke after his teams win over Crediton.
He said: “In terms of the ‘best result of our league season’, I’d have to say that remains the performance up at Appledore.
“However, against Crediton United we were good and played the way I know we can deliver on more regular match days.
“When we play like that we are a handful for anyone at this level.”
Stunell continued: “Jamie [Newbery] was clearly back to his old self. He’s got over the injury problems that have blighted his season and he was back to his best against a good United forward line.
You may also want to watch:
“What really pleased me about the win was the way we went about our business with lots of support in all areas of the pitch.
“At the break I did urge the lads to be wary of a comeback from them [Crediton United]. That did indeed come, but we were more than equal to it.”
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
- 5 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 6 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 7 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 8 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 9 Sidmouth Girls Rugby
- 10 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
One thing that Stunell feels has not gone his side’s way in many terms this season is in the decision making from the man in the middle.
He said of the officiating in the Crediton game: “He [the referee] was exceptional and my only regret is that we have not had too many such shows from the man in the middle this season in our games. I thought he let the game run well, stopped it when he needed to, but allowed the players to express themselves.”