Sidmouth Town Boxing Day game postponed
Sidmouth Town’s Boxing Day East Devon derby with Axminster Town has been postponed.
Like most of the games across the County, this one was expected to draw a large crowd to Manstone Road.
However the pre-Christmas rain that wiped out the entire December 22 programme has now hit the season’s biggest draw in terms of supporter numbers attending matches.
Town’s next action is set to be this Saturday’s (December 29) home game with Exeter Civil Service.
However with the weather forecast predicting more rain
You may also want to watch:
Between Christmas day and the last weekend of the year, it is clearly going to be a close call whether Saturday’s game gets the nod.
By 6pm on Christmas day just eight matches had not been called off across the South West Peninsula League with just two of those in the Eastern Division - and both subjected to Boxing Day morning pitch inspections.
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 Further improvements for Sidmouth Town FC
- 4 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 7 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 8 Golfing season underway at Sidmouth GC
- 9 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 10 Set aside a wild patch in your garden - better to watch than the television!
They are the games at Stoke Gabriel (versus Galmpton United) and at Teignmouth Town (versus Newton Abbot Spurs).