Sidmouth Town drawn at home to Axminster Town in League Cup second round
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Town have been drawn at home in the second round of the Walter C Parsons Funeral Directors Cup.
The Vikings went into the draw after their 3-2 win at Alphington on Saturday and they have been paired with another Eastern Division side with Axminster Town set to be the visitors to Manstone Lane on Saturday, October 20.
It’s sure to be a cracking cup tie and it will also see a first return to Manstone Lane for Axminster Town joint boss Josh Stunell who managed the side before making a summer move to Axminster where he shares managerial duties with Johnny Hurford.
Axminster bagged their berth in the second round with a Friday night 2-1 win at Crediton United.
Town were beaten 1-0 at Axminster Town in the opening game of the current South West Peninsula League Eastern Division season.
You may also want to watch:
The full 2nd round draw is
Bere Alston United v Saltash United, Bovey Tracey v Launceston, Cullompton Rangers v St Martins, Elburton Villa v Torpoint Athletic, Elmore v Torridgeside, Falmouth Town v Helston Athletic (being played on Friday, October 19), Godolphin Atlantic v St Austell, Holsworthy v Brixham, Ilfracombe Town v Teignmouth, Ivybridge Town v Camelford, Liskeard Athletic v St Dennis, Sidmouth Town v Axminster Town, Sticker v Mousehole, Tavistock v Plymouth Argyle (being played on Friday, October 19), Waldon Athletic v Bodmin Town and Wendron United v Dobwalls
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 5 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
- 6 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 7 Joma Devon and Exeter League results and fixtures
- 8 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 9 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 10 New team on frontline for mental health care and support