Sidmouth Town duo depart for pastures new
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Town have parted company with a couple of players in the past week.
Tony Radford and Ash Mitchell have both departed Manstone Lane with the latter heading for Eastern Division table-toppers Elmore.
Town joint-boss Kevin Tooze says: “The lads have decided to move on and we wish them well. For our part we will now be looking to bring in two or three to boost the squad.
“We currently have no specific targets and so are open-minded as to who we might bring in, but bring them in we will.”
He continued: “We won’t sign players for the sake of signing, no; what we want are players who can come in, join the squad, make a difference, and complement what we already have .
You may also want to watch:
“That way we are adding to the quality we have and further increasing competition for starting places.”
Town, who are in Devon Premier Cup action on Saturday at Holsworthy (3pm), will be enjoying home comforts for the remainder of November, during which time they will play three league games – and all of them will be at Manstone Lane.
- 1 When it comes to our beach, its about taking responsibility for what we do
- 2 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 3 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 4 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 5 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 6 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 7 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 8 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 9 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 10 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
They are home next Wednesday (November 7) when Waldon Athletic are the visitors and they’ll be back at Manstone Lane three days later (November 10) when they entertain Alphington. The following Saturday (November 17) they host Teignmouth and their next away league game is not until December 1 and a visit to Appledore.
There is one more November fixture for the Vikings and that is a Walter C Parsons Cup tie at Premier Division Cullompton Rangers on Tuesday, November 27.
In tomorrow’s FA Vase 2nd Round, Western League Premier Division side Cadbury Heath, who knocked the Vikings out in the last round, face more East Devon opposition when they visit Southern Road, Exmouth. Saturday’s game kicks-off at 3pm.