Sidmouth Town face busy run-in to complete their season
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Town have eight games to play in their South West Peninsula League, Easter Division campaign.
In one of the wettest seasons in recent memory which has washed out so many Saturday match days, the Vikings must now play their final eight games in 36 days starting with the Good Friday derby at Axminster Town.
Paddy Thomas and his side then travel to Totnes and Dartington on Easter Monday before a Saturday off on April 6.
They hoist Okehampton on April 13, and then travel to Plymstock United seven days later.
They have two more away trips, both in midweek with a Tuesday April 23, trip to Alphington followed swiftly three days later with a Friday night visit to Crediton.
You may also want to watch:
They end their season with back-to-back home games, entertaining Axminster Town in a midweek Manstone Road game before bringing the curtain down on the season on Saturday, May 4, against Exeter Civil Service.
Town’s second team have 11 games to play to complete their Fresha League Division Two campaign.
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 3 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 4 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 5 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 6 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 7 Art shop thanks customers who have shown support
- 8 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
So far this soggy season the Viking’s second string have managed just seven Saturday home games! They play twice over Easter, travelling to Bickleigh on Good Friday and Pinhoe on Easter Monday.