Sidmouth Women on the hunt for new players ahead of maiden season
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Town Football Club are looking for new players ahead of their maiden season in the Devon Women’s Football League.
Charlie Nicolle, a committe member at Sidmouth Town Football Club, said: "With the success of the Women's World Cup, the fact Sidmouth Town now has five men's teams (1st-4th team and the veterans team) and the great facilities at the club, the committee felt it only right that we enter a new women's team in the Devon league.
"Training takes place at the club on Monday nights, starting at 7.30pm.
"Those that have attended training over the last couple of months have shown great commitment and no little skill, but we still need additional players, including a regular goalkeeper, if we are to make the team a success for this season and the years ahead."
The first league game is at home to Seaton Town on Sunday, September 8, at 2pm.
You may also want to watch:
If you are interested or would like more information, get in touch with Charlie at email@example.com.
- 1 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 2 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 3 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 4 Lockdown #3 challenges for the Sidmouth runners
- 5 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 6 Youngsters invited to join in Fairtrade Fortnight competition
- 7 Praise to community for helping college with online learning during lockdown
- 8 Rugby on a rollercoaster of disruption
- 9 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 10 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank