Sidmouth Women on the hunt for new players ahead of maiden season
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Town Football Club are looking for new players ahead of their maiden season in the Devon Women’s Football League.
Charlie Nicolle, a committe member at Sidmouth Town Football Club, said: "With the success of the Women's World Cup, the fact Sidmouth Town now has five men's teams (1st-4th team and the veterans team) and the great facilities at the club, the committee felt it only right that we enter a new women's team in the Devon league.
"Training takes place at the club on Monday nights, starting at 7.30pm.
"Those that have attended training over the last couple of months have shown great commitment and no little skill, but we still need additional players, including a regular goalkeeper, if we are to make the team a success for this season and the years ahead."
The first league game is at home to Seaton Town on Sunday, September 8, at 2pm.
You may also want to watch:
If you are interested or would like more information, get in touch with Charlie at email@example.com.
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 5 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 6 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 7 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival
- 8 Run for donkeys in the world’s biggest marathon
- 9 Festival will bring a much-needed boost to the town
- 10 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17